Lesson Nine: Get Modern!
Citizen Media is the future of politics. Blogs are very valuable in politics. There aren’t many female blogs. Kinsella believes that the Internet has raised the overall quality of public debate. Citizen media is powerful. For example the Drudge Report revealed the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal while the mainstream media withheld the story for as long as they could. Kinsella explains the Lewinsky scandal and its consequences for Internet based Citizen media. In 2006, Fuddle-Duddle blogger, Thomas Hubert said Israel was a vile nation. Boris Wrzesnewskyj called for the removal of Hezbollah from Canada’s terrorist organization list. Jason Cherniak is a great blogger who fought back against these cretins. An NDP blogger also said negative things about Israel.
The moral is these stories is 1) a new era is upon us, whether you like it or not. 2) popularity of blogs has exploded, corporations and political parties have scrambled to ensure their presence in the blogosphere. 2) what happens online can have a profound consequence for citizens, organizations, government, companies and campaigns.
McCain’s website was attracting money. Obama’s is today….Dean the same. Despite the fact that James Bowie says on his blog today that Blogs aren’t important. That blogs are a liability and that anyone with ambition would be wise not to have one. Kinsella contends that this is not the case.
Ten Reasons Why Internet Bloggy Stuff Is Pretty Important
1) It’s Free: in 2006, warrenkinsella.com received 250,000 hits.
2) They’re Proudly Biased: journalistic objectivity is a joke anyway.
3) They’re Really Easy to Access: there are 1.6 Billion personal computers ww.
4) They’re the Hegelian Dialectic on Speed: public dialogue of ideas.
5) They’re Populist: you can bring in volunteers, ideas through the internets.
6) Google Power: bloggers have a high google rank sometimes.
7) Specialists Are Welcome: knowledge is diverse.
8. Interactions Are Welcome: there is a dialogue of ideas.
9) They’re Pithy as Heck: Blogs don’t take long to read.
10) They’re Fun: blogs are entertaining.
You can make a lot of money with the internet. This is where the future is going. The Virginia Tech tragedy will be remembered as the worst in US history. It will also be remembered for how Facebook users reacted to that tragedy.