Make Peace With Your Old Enemies:
Microsoft had stolen the interface developed by Apple with multiple clip windows etc. IN 1997 Jobs announced that the only way forward was to make a deal with Bill Gates and Microsoft. In 2007, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs got together to talk about technology. It is an EPIC discussion.
Follow Your Heart:
there is no reason to not follow your heart, and gain meaning because you will be dead one day. Don’t live someone else’s dream. Stay hungry, stay foolish. The Stanford University commencement address is considered one of the greatest commencement ever made.Jobs did not believe that people should be materialistic but should seek to be valuable.
Steve Jobs Was A Brilliant Jerk
From the creator of Going Clear, Steve Jobs: The Man In The Machine is about the now infamous career flaws of one of the most successfull entrepreneurs in American history. It looks like a good rehashing of memories from 2012 when everyone you knew + your grandma read the Isaacson’s biography. I’m certain Kutcher and the script writers of the disappointing Jobs film are going to have a front row seat as they didn’t actually read the Isaacson biography….’cause that film sucked badly.
- a) abandoned his own daughter and girlfriend,
- b) cheated Wozniak out of a bonus at Atari,
- c) verbally assaulted the LISA team and created intense competition between teams,
- d) screamed at Macintosh developers regularly,
- e) cried like a baby when the iMac CD tray was a tray not a slot,
- f) fired employees with retroactive consequences to their salary,
- g) parked his car in the handicap spot,
- h) sped down the highway regularly,
- i) discovered his Syrian father (who also abandoned him) was the owner of the restaurant chain he frequented regularly but never came by to say “hi”,
- j) tried to instigate a coup against foolish management and lost…
- k) cried whenever someone disagreed with him,
- l) attacked creative ideas for being idiotic then within a week apprioriated them as his own,
- m) called his co-workers idiots and bozos whenever they fell short of his goals,
- n) his colleagues had to hide a disc drive developer in the Macintosh supply closet (whenever Jobs visited) in order to prevent Jobs from discovering a parallel disc drive solution was being built which ultimately saved Jobs from disaster as his solution failed,
- o) he refused to donate to any charity ever,
- p) built and painted an expensive factory at NExT meanwhile the product completely bombed,
- q) refused to give shares to one of his earliest Apple colleagues even though the guy put in many hours into the project and begged Jobs for a small part of the equity,
- r) made his step-mom answer early customer service calls to Apple without pay (laugh out loud)….
- s) took the tv away from his step-dad who wanted to watch football in order to program Apple’s……
- t) declared war on IBM as a means of galvanising his company,
- u) claimed Microsoft was stealing Apple’s ideas when both actually stole from Xerox PARC,
- v) tried to destroy Adobe and any organisation that expected fair treatment…
This list is not exhaustive & what can we learn from this list, right?